If your company is like so many others then you’ve got lots and lots of data. You’re practically swimming in data. Or maybe it’s more accurate to say you’re drowning in data, since you have no idea how to transform it all from “a bunch of data” into something accessible and useful. After all, unless you have a platform that enables people to use this data, it all just goes to waste.
At MacKenzie Corporation one of our overall goals is to help our clients to be more efficient by making better use of their data. We’ve found that dashboards are one of the best ways to accomplish this.
Why we love dashboards
Managers and decision makers are all pressed for time. They’re not analysts. They don’t want to weed through all of the details of the data to get the answers they need. Dashboards let them:
• Save time – Dashboards aggregate data and provide summary information in a format that makes it easy to quickly see where things stand.
• Access multiple data sources in one place – Many different types of information (such as sales, customer satisfaction survey, and production data) can all be pulled together from different systems and viewed simultaneously in one convenient platform.
• Get the exact information they need – Dashboards can be customized for each user, enabling each person to get top level information and then drill down into the details that are important to them.
• Get the entire team on the same page – With everyone viewing the same metrics.
• Make better decisions – And improve the organization’s bottom line.
In short, dashboards can transform all of that data that you don’t know what to do with into the useful business intelligence that you need.
Want to know more? Stay tuned! In my next post I’ll be discussing the keys to successful dashboard creation.