While “big data” holds out a lot of promise, many organizations struggle to turn even small amounts of data into useful, actionable information. As a result, many organizations are finding that there’s a tremendous benefit to bringing in a data agency to handle data analytics for them.
If you read through the list in my article on how to tell if you need a data agency and realized that you do not currently have – or want to create – the necessary in-house resources to do justice to a data analysis project, it might be time to bring in the experts to help you move forward.
Here are the top 5 benefits of outsourcing to a data agency like MacKenzie Corp:
1. Get a dedicated team of data professionals – Data analysis, and all of the tasks necessary to get your data to the point where it can be analyzed, can be very complicated.
Although you could assign one internal staff member to be your “in-house data department,” the reality is that this one person may not have all of the skills necessary to get the job done. Your internal statistical analysis person, for example, might not also be a software engineer.
What you need is a team that includes experts in all of these areas:
a. Statistical analysis
b. Database development
c. Software engineering
d. Project management
2. Gain capacity – Even if you already have analysts or IT people on staff, chances are they’re bogged down with other projects. Data analytics may not be their top priority.
Outsourcing to a data agency frees up your internal resources and ensures that your project will actually get done.
3. Take advantage of specialized tools – Data agencies have a variety of tools at their disposal for organizing, analyzing and visualizing data. And having successfully completed similar projects for other organizations, they can use their experience to come up with creative ways of looking at and interpreting your data.
4. Save money – While data analytics might be a full-time job, at most organizations it’s not four full-time jobs. Trying to hire an analyst, software engineer, database specialist and project manager on a part-time basis would be both challenging and cost-prohibitive. Hiring these people on a full-time basis and then having them divide their time between this and other assignments might result in the data analytics project getting put on the back burner. Outsourcing is usually the most cost-effective option.
5. Save time – A data agency can cut through the clutter and streamline the entire process for you. They already know what they’re doing, have systems and people in place, and are motivated to help you get the results you want in a timely manner.
If pulling data is like pulling teeth, you don’t even know where to start, or you don’t know what to do with your data after it’s been accessed, there really is a better way. Outsource your data analytics project to an experienced data agency, and let the experts handle your project for you.