Even as new ways for marketers to reach their audiences continue to emerge and gain popularity, email marketing remains one of the most effective online strategies for growing your business.
In fact, recent research from leading industry firms finds that:
- There are 2.5 billion email users worldwide.
- Seventy-two percent of U.S. adults online send or receive emails via smartphone at least weekly.
- Email is the preferred channel for receiving commercial messages for 68 percent of consumers.
- Eighty-one percent of online shoppers in the U.S. are more likely to make both online and in-store purchases due to emails based on previous shopping preferences and behaviors.
- Nineteen percent of consumers — about 1 in 5 — read every email newsletter they receive, just to see if there’s an offer in them.
This is great news for small business, since email marketing is among the most affordable and accessible methods. But like all things digital and marketing, the specifics of effective, successful email marketing evolve over time. Read More